Geita Gold Mine (GGM) is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania. It is located within Geita Region, about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria and 5 Km’s west of Geita town. The Mine is owned and managed by Anglo Gold Ashanti Limited.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill a vacant position of Mine Surveyor in the Technical Services & Projects Department at our Company.
POSITION: Mine Surveyor
WORKS FOR: Chief Mine Surveyor
EDUCATION: Degree in Geomatics or Land surveying from a recognized institution/University
PURPOSE: To assist Chief Mine Surveyor in providing accurately and timely survey services to the mine
DUTIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Mine Surveyor has the following accountabilities and authorities.
- To provide accurate and timely survey control and layout as required by the Chief Mine Surveyor for the Geita Goldmine operation.
- Establishment and monitoring of secondary controls within the Mining Lease, this includes leveling of these controls with an automatic level as well as documentation of the control and closure accuracies and adjustments. Extension of these controls and placement of temporary controls to ensure timely surveys.
- Daily survey pickups for presentation of a daily dig plan for use by Mining operations personnel in a timely manner.
- Carry out Pit surveys on a regular basis to enable accurate bench and total volumes to be calculated at the end of each month for financial cost analysis and reporting, payment to the Mining contractor and for grade control reconciliation and Mill throughput figure comparison.
- Carry out stockpiles surveys on a regular basis to enable accurate stockpile volumes to be calculated at the end of each month for reconciliation and ore stocks calculations.
- Set out Pit and mining limits, batter pegs and any other surveys are carried out to provide information to Mining Engineers for evaluation of excavation and placement versus design parameters.
- Set out and survey of all grade control drill holes, ripline, phase sampling and exploration drill holes as required.
- Maintenance of surveying equipment to required standards.
- Monitoring of wall instability in Pits, Dumps or Dams with accurate reporting as required to provide information for analysis for failure prediction.
- Surveying (scanning) of old underground working (voids) for regular updating of void triangulation model
- Daily interaction with Chief Mine Surveyor, Senior Mine Surveyor, Mining Operations and other Departments on a required basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in training of junior staff in the methods, techniques and procedures of surveying and all affiliated mining requirements.
- To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety based on company safety standards.
At least two (2) years working experience in a Mining or Construction Industries environment.
- Candidate must have interpersonal skills
- Holder of Tanzanian Driving License.
Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the positions will be short-listed and contacted for interviews. Application letters in your own handwriting, detailed CV’s, certified copies of relevant certificates,
Applications can be forwarded to the
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER,
GEITA GOLD MINING LTD,
P. O. BOX 532,
GEITA - MWANZA.
FAX – 028 2520502/3
OR Email: jobs.geita@AngloGoldAshanti.com
The subject must be “MINE SURVEYOR”. Application letters should reach the above before 8th February, 2014