For B1/B2, F, and J visa categories:
- the previous visa was issued on or after November 1, 2007;
- all ten fingerprints were captured at a prior visa interview;
- the previous visa is valid or has expired within the last twelve months;
- the applicant is applying for exactly the same type of visa;
- the previous visa was issued by the U.S. Embassy in Dar es Salaam;
- the applicant’s name is currently the same as on the previous visa; and
- the previous visa does not have “clearance received” written on it.
- the applicant must have the same SEVIS number as on the previous visa, and the applicant must submit his/her official transcript.
Applicants using this process must complete all necessary forms, submit one photograph, and pay the application fee at Citibank. See the U.S. Embassy website, usembassy.tanzania.gov, for more detailed information on the application process.
If the applicant is qualified, in most cases, the applicants may pick up their passport at the Embassy two days after submission. For example, a successful application submitted on Monday will result in the passport with new visa being ready for pick-up on Wednesday. This new process is a continuation of the U.S. Embassy’s commitment to “secure borders, open doors.”
Please Note: The use of this process does not guarantee visa issuance. In some cases, the Embassy may still require an applicant to appear for an in-person interview, especially if an application is incomplete or inaccurate.