Here are the basic steps on how you do it with Feedburner. Screen shots for pictorial tutorial are seen below for your convenience. You can modify and explore more on other Feeburner features once you are done with the basics.
Now I assume blog/site already has RSS (most popular blog hosts like blogger.com and wordpress.com has this feature by default).
To easily find your blog/site RSS that you will need in order to complete this process, look for the words RSS anywhere on your site usually located at the bottom or upper right corner of your website. Most RSS icons have an orange color. Firefox browser will automatically detect a site with an RSS and you can see it when you open any page and look at the end of the address bar where you will see an orange icon. Opera has this functionality too but displayed in blue color. IE has also started to implement it on their newest browser versions. Other websites like to display it openly mostly on the page as you can see it on top of this website.
BLOGGER HANDY TIP:
If you are using blogger.com (blogspot.com) you can get your RSS address by clicking 'Enter' AFTER typing the following link on your browser: http://TypeYourBlogNameHere.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Change the word 'TypeYourBlogNameHere' to your real blog address name. For example,
Christian Bwaya's blog RSS address will be http://bwaya.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Lady Jay Dee's blog RSS address will be http://ladyjaydee.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Haki Ngowi's blog RSS address will be http://haki-hakingowi.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Click on your blog/site's RSS and once the page has fully loaded, copy the address link (it ends with .rss) then,
- Go to www.feedburner.com
- Register for an account (mainly requires a google email address).
- Once registered proceed to "Login" into your account
- Once logged in on FeedBurner, follow all the steps as instructed on adding your original blog's rss feed.
- After you complete the steps, click on your newly created feed
- Click where it says, “Edit Feed Details” to get the new url of the feed you just created on Feedburner, it starts with http://feeds.feedburner.com/ChosenNAME, for example, this site's url feed is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/wavuti
- Now memorize or write down your new url feed address
- Go to your Blogger (blogspot) account and click the “Settings” tab followed by the “Site Feed” tab, scroll down until you find the “Post Feed Redirect URL” text box and enter the FeedBurner feed url that I told you to memorize or write down. It will look something like this: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TypeYourBlogName
- Click the “Save Settings” button located at the bottom of your blog. If done correctly, you will see a “Settings were Saved Successfully” message. Make sure you type in your entire feed address including the “http://” portion to avoid any problems. If you failed, try again until you succeed or may ask for help from somebody who knows how to do it.
- Go back to your FeedBurner account.
- Click the "Publicize" tab.
- Click on the "Email Subscriptions".
- Click on the drop-down arrow to select “Blogger” OR Copy the HTML code and paste it on your blog as you would add any other widget on your blog (blogger or wordpress).
- Scroll down and click the button that says "Save".